Friday, September 5, 2008

Gnooks


A tool I just discovered - Gnooks. You can enter an author you like and the site shows you an animated map of other similar authors. The closer two authors are the more similar their styles. They also have a similar feature for movies. I tried Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and many of the movies that I like came up. Truman Show - check. Being John Malkovich. Adaptation.

Yes I know Amazon and other retailers have the "Customers who bought this also bought" section. But it's based on what customers bought. Money. Sales. Inherently dirty.

This tool on the other hand, at least from what I can tell, uses thematic or stylistic similarities to give you a recommendation. And it is a Google type clutter free site. Total kickass awesomeness.

No comments: